Sinister: me and the majordomo

Lawrence Mikkelsen mikelsen at xxx.nz
Fri Apr 21 06:12:25 BST 2000

Hello everyone.

I've been let out of the nursary (for the second time now), so thought I'd
mail and say "hi" and also introduce myself. Well, I was a member for most
of last year, but then my internet connection at tech expired, and I've only
recently bought a new computer, hence re-subscribing.

 I'm 25, and live in New Zealand. Basically, in a city of about one million,
I am pretty much the only Belle & Sebastian fan. It's not such a great place
if you're into indie-pop. I just got a Delgados t-shirt from ATP, and even
though I feel like a real hipster wearing it, it's unlikely that anyone will
ever say "wow - you like The Delgados!" to me as I walk down the street.
(sigh) ight now I'm a freelance web designer, which basically means that I
did a course in it last year, and nobody wants to give me a "real" job, so I
pick up bits and pieces whilt also doing a mind-numbing office job. My main
passions in life are pop music and books, and I love Belle & Sebastian best
of all. I'm pretty interested in Glasgow indie generally - Orange Juice,
early Aztec Camera, Josef K, Mogwai and The Delgados, as well as 80's
post-punk pop like Echo & The Bunnymen, The Teardrop Explodes, The Pale
Fountains, The Smiths, The Lilac Time and Felt. (ah yes ... Felt) I even
have a Felt t-shirt, although, once again, no one is likely to notice living
here.

 Right now my main sideline is builing what will hopefully be THE
definitive Orange Juice website. (Well, there are practically no otheres so
it shouldn't be hard.) In fact, if there are any kinds out there who are
also fans of the great OJ (and really, all B&S fans should at least
appreciate them) please get in touch, as I'm trawling for content at the
moment and (again) living way down here there isn't much

Well, that's it ... glad to be back in league with you beautiful people

Lawrence Mikkelsen
http://www.akn.quik.co.nz/mikelsen/aboutme