Sinister: tired of whys, choking on whys, i just need a little because

christa NOGOODNIK at xxx.net
Fri Apr 21 16:17:39 BST 2000

its raining again and there is a parrot on my windowsill.  its sheltered
there, so i suppose its not too strange.  my cat seems quite interested in
the goings-on... they're eyeing each other suspiciously through the old
fashioned crank-out window.  he's meowing to be let out, but i want the bird
to stay.  at least long enough to show me what to do next.  is he here to
help me decipher late-night whispers about trust and permanence?  will he
help me figure out what "the long haul" really means?   this boy i know
promised me he'd never let me leave, and that means something.  perhaps this
bird will bring clarity..?

the cat is catnapping now, aware but indifferent.  the bird is winking at me
"you know what to do"; he ruffles and flies off.  and it does indeed become
clearer.  because i know, deep inside, that i won the fight.  i am content
in the knowledge that i have won.  all the happiness and bunny-rabbit finger
puppets in the world are mine.  that boy laid the world out open in front of
me, and i am finally ready to accept it.   as my own.

"Somebody's Song"

    This is what i vow:
He shall have my heart to keep;
Sweetly will we stir and sleep,