Sinister: You Sir, Are A Poliwhirl*

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 23 01:56:26 BST 2000

Dear Sinister,

isn't it good when you get ideas in your head and you decide that they will be
the principle of your life for at least until you go to bed and wake up the
next morning feeling a little disconserted? These ideas of course should always
be inspired by Pop of course. As everyone knows that P!O!P! is the land of the
zany and madcap, the swingeing principles that lose you all your friends, the
highs and lows, the aubergines and the eggplants....

Hmmm. I'm listening to a Japanese pop group, who seem to be from the planet
Squiggly Geetar Solos followed by The Bit Where In The Film Soundtrack Patrick
Swayze and "bird" Snog For The First Time Where It Goes All Slow And Then Rocks
Out Again. Make any sense of that? It makes sense when you listen to the song.

Bah. I've been thinking about the Clientele again. I still want to be the sulky
kid in the corner clutching a pint of beer. I have decided they're the band I
love to hate, which everyone else probably decided when I first opened my mouth
on the subject. Everything I say about them comes out in the vein of what Great
Pop should be - however since when have I liked textbook examples. Everything I
feel I should like but which I just can't bring myself too. And I'm not fucking
going too. Why am I so bloody defensive?

God, I piss myself off!!

And Stephin Merrit is God.

Isobel Campbell is NOT.

The WAAAAAAAAAH!!!! sound on Crazy Horses is God too.

What other Pop groups are Godlike? Should I be reading Trousercuts to tell me?
Reserve me a copy. I remember when Papercuts was first concieved you know. What
a long way its come since then. I hear they're even selling enough to keep the
editor in hairslides. Ah the dizzying heights of Stardom. I read a fucking ace
interview with Mike Oldfield and um...Wolfsbane today.

I salute thee in the name of RAWK,
Sarah
xo

* What else would I say?

=====
"But just remember, when your teacher told you to always find a home for stray animals, she wasn't referring to your rectum." -- DNA Mag-AZINE.