Sinister: ...she comes from the rain...

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Sun Apr 23 03:26:22 BST 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
please rain fall...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            i always find myself playing belle & sebastian
when it rains...i find them to be an ideal accompaniment for the sound of
rain...its funny how the weather can affect your listening habits...when its
sunny and warm i play broadcast...and in the winter/christmas time i tend to
reach for phil spector...and his christmas album...it manages to put even me
into the christmas spirit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the day the rain came down
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                        i hope everyone is having a relaxing
easter holiday...i'm not back to work until tuesday...i'm ashamed to say i
haven't got much planned at all...i will stay in and do the tapes/mds/cds
that i have promised to various people...i have had allot on my plate
recently...but i haven't forgotten...and i am notorious for being late...i
hold the record at my work for being late for work...i believe its been 3
months since i've arrived on time...but they are pretty relaxed about that
sort of thing so its a kind of like a joke to everyone...& i do live far away
from where i work...so i get allot of sympathy...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rainy day mushroom pillow...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                          i finally got to hear "and you will
know us by the trail of the dead" ... i don't know ... it just wasn't what i
expected at all...my own observation was if you imagine swervedriver trying
very hard to be sonic youth...that's what you would come up with...which is
all very good in theory...but it didn't really come across to well...it was
an equal disappointment when i heard "muse"...for about 1 month i was
convinced it was radiohead...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
though it poured the next day, i never noticed the rain...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i mentioned swervedriver before...so i feel a bit of continuity coming on ...
i liked swervedriver when they were around...they were the most american
sounding english band ever! but i'm glad to see like most of the bands that i
liked back in the day...that they are in there own way still making
records..." toshack highway "(now that's a name!) features adam franklin the
former singer of swervedriver...and i must say its quite a departure from
swervedriver...but its fantastic ... its great to see those sort of people
still making music...you've got slowdive still represented by the dreamy
"mojave 3 "...wedding present dave gedge and his "cinerama"...the weather
prophets & mainly pete astor still preaching with" the wisdom of harry "..."
razorcuts till cutting it with " sportique "east village...and the jangle of
"birdie" ... talulah gosh and "marine research" ...god the more i think about
i'm starting to frighten myself! the wolfhounds dave callahan and "moonshake"
spacemen 3's jason pierce and "spiritualized "...
even death in vegas feature ex-revolver singer and guitarist matt flint
playing bass... even though richard fear hogs all of the headlines...
but the ultimate line-up...a line up i would never have been able to put
together in my wildest dreams is primal scream...now featuring ex-members of
felt, stone roses                    my bloody valentine, jamc, revolving
paint dream, cos believe it or not folks the scream were there at the very
start...they were the kings of twee! with songs like "all fall down" and
"crystal crescent"...& not forgetting possibly the greatest b-side of all
time "velocity girl" ... they are a fantastic example of how a band can keep
on trying to progress with every album...they didn't always get it right
(the very rawk inspired self titled second album just about saved by the
excellent" i'm losing more than i ever had" noone can accuse them of coming
up with the same old same old...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
rain stops play...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        i've been doing a good job of avoiding the new b&s
single i don't listen to the radio so its not been too hard...so i'm eagerly
awaiting it...but in the meantime i've been listening to "clock strikes
thirteen"  ever decreasing circles & it is very wonderful & soothing to the
ear...a wonderful album...on a complete departure i was very pleased to see
the pharcyde get a mention on these pages...remember a little bit of hiphop
never did anyone any harm...and the pharcyde are responsible for one of my
favourite videos of all time! the name escapes me but the whole video was
played in reverse & it made for some hilarious visuals...this video and the
excellent squarepusher "come on my selector" which features a young manga
looking girl and her spooky dog are my two favourite videos ever!

why does the rain?...