Sinister: structuralism announces the death of the subject. discuss.

Caroline Mary Browne browne at xxx.ie
Mon Apr 24 01:19:09 BST 2000

hello there list
its me Caroline
Ah dear, what with my finals in a week I find that I have plenty of time
to be writing lengthy e-mails to sinister.
 things take on new meaning and dimension when the only thing you have to
do with your time is study and study lots.
 television becomes a fascinating source of distraction.
while flicking around there I was lucky enough to catch a rare showing of
stadium rock.  Bon Jovi were playing the classic you give love a bad
name to an audience of girls who love the way their hair looks when it is
dyed a very unnatural shade of blonde and cut the way Armstrong and
Millers hair on so 90's is.  They go out with boys who have stadium rock
mullets. After the show they say they had a really wild time before driving of in
their pickup truck.
Ive also been catching up on Home and Away which is providing some
classic moments of comedy.  With the recent story of Duncan gone missing I
thought `god the Stewarts really are the most unfortunate family in the
world'.
Bad things that have happened the Stewarts.....

Alf has been shot, blown up (remember by Duncans school project),
electricuted, hated by his wife Ailsa, had two heart attacks AND has his
bait shop burned to the ground
Ailsa has gone insane twice (remember when Bobby came out of the fridge),
been held hostage in her own home, been sent to jail, been in car crashes
and been paralysed, had her shop (the old one) set on fire, and the new
one robbed
while Duncan has fallen down a quary from which he emerged 12 years older
with completely different facial features or was it just another actor?

I think this should be reviewed by the makers of Home and Away as highly
unrealistic drama and that the Stewarts should live the rest of their life
in peaceful happiness.
I do realise that this small bit of television reviewing probably appeals
to a very small minority of home and away fans on the list but I feel it
is important.

Owen ....it is possible to get up to 2000 words written a day.  You
wouldnt think it but it is.  it does mean that at the end of the day you
type your thoughts as you think them and that you dream about typing and
that the sound of the computer echoes in you inner ear but
that goes after a few hours. your april plan should go fine. my april plan
on the other hand goes a little something like this.......
no. of subjects to cover: 15
days until exams start: 8
no. of subjects to cover a day: very very nearly 2
Anything is possible if you wish hard enough...said peter pan

whoever said that Isobel's voice wasnt that bad has obviously not listened
to the greenfields of foreverland which requires that, in order to hear
her voice the volume be turned up very loud so that when you finish
listening to the cd and turn on the radio you give yourself an awful
fright. Isobel would never make it as a busker where her voice would be
lost entirely in a sea of passerbyers.
Well I suppose I better go and study ...lots
bye bye list
said Caroline
xxxxxxyyyyyyyzzzzzzp.