Sinister: I wrote this song 2 hours before we met......

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Mon Apr 24 20:48:19 BST 2000

Hello all.

This is list abuse at it's very finest, I'm afraid. That's not supposed to
sound like a boast, it's supposed to sound like an apology. And now I must
apologise for *two* things: the list abuse and the seemingly boastful
behavior... D'oh.

Anyway, having realised that I only open my mouth to change feet, I will
mention that Alexander Bartilson made some rather interesting comments on
"what if" etc. Just to augment his thoughts, I thought I would give some
musical perspective to the whole issue. There is a song written about
exactly this topic. It's "Something Changed" from the MIGHTY MIGHTY Pulp.
It's a phab song, with phab lyrics and tune and arrangement and everything,
and when it's played live, the MIGHTY MIGHTY Jarv plays a really ornately
decorated 12-string, which *I* find exciting at least. There may be other
songs specifically about Alexander's point, but that was the first that
sprung to mind.

That's all really. Pretty inconsequential I know, but perhaps helpful to all
of us out there who like to take their philosophy in 4 minute chunks.

Okay then, bye.
love,

Sam.x

P.S. I got a list crush vote! How exciting is that! Again, this is not
written in boast, but in bewilderment. I've never had anybody make totally
unprompted advances toward me before, and I'm very happy indeed. I'd love to
know who it is though - go on, reveal yourself (please)....