Sinister: shipwrecked souls and other cliches

adam d, adam_dbt at xxx.com
Mon Apr 24 21:47:45 BST 2000

hello all!

how are you?

i'm going to be seeing the flaming lips and looper
tomm. and i'm very excited.  i'm sure no one else here
is going to be going (tues.) since it is a show in the
middle of nowhere, Illinois.  i wonder why they chose
to play in dekalb?  oh well, i don't care.

anyway, before i get to b+s content a word on the
Elian debate.  if you don't want to read it skip to
the next:

I can not in any terms agree with what has been said
on this list.  so the boy is found in the middle of
the sea and then taken to relatives in miami.  then,
the father says "hey! my boy is alive! hooray! may i
come get him?" to which the united states
(particularly the relatives in miami) say "HELL NO!"
taken from a parent's standpoint (which i'm not, but
can make a fair guess) i would be outraged.  when the
u.s. finally came to their senses and realised that
the boy should be with his father even though he is
*GASP!* a communist, the relatives wouldn't give him
up, claiming they knew what was best for the boy.
after giving the relatives many deadlines, which they
ignored, the government said, "well, we'll come get
him, then" and they did.  NO ONE GOT HURT AT ALL.
later in the day Elian was seen with his father and
his 6 month baby brother and all were smiling and
happy.  the end.  for once, i'm somewhat happy with my
government.

sorry.

had to say that.

i suppose now i have officially thrown my hat into the
political arena.

*****************************
B + S CONTENT

i heard legal man.  on the radio. not really the
radio, but the internet radio.  it sounded crap.  not
the song.  the reception.  i loved what i heard of the
song.  i mean, REALLY loved, but i couldn't make it
out very clearly.  on amazon.com it says that matador
is releasing the single on MAY 16.  does this mean,
for once in my 19 years of life, i am going to get a
release before anyone in the UK?  i hope so.

anyway, theres also been talk of sinister dykes here.
where are the sinister gay boys?  we need to start a
movement too.  but i'm probably the only one.  i'll
just stick with the dykes like i always do, then.

oh!  one last thing.  lambchops' new album is
wonderful!  i could listen to it all day.  in fact, i
am.

here with no fear in wisconSIN (cause you can't spell
wisconsin without SIN),

adam d.

ps.
i absolutely love all of JENOWL's posts.

pps to the other adam:

sorry i never wrote you back about the beach boys
thing.  i have been BUSY.  very.  but anyway, my best
friend also hates the beach boys for no reason.  I
asked him if he's ever heard any of the songs off of
pet sounds before and he said no.  he refuses to
listen to it.  grrrrrr..... very agravating.