Sinister: Charlotte Church ROXX

Chad Curtis xstensionchord at xxx.net
Tue Apr 25 01:56:31 BST 2000

Starting with B&S 's popularity.  It's official and factual, they have
been as widely distributed as Coca-Cola, for a bit now.
Whether this is good or bad I dunno.
  On music-zines and such. If I want to hear a music-snob's opinions on
trends and quality, I would talk to a a friend.  Maybe I haven't been
shown what a healthy music-zine should be like, but most are rubbish and
for luxury only.
  Bitter or bored, sorry if I offended any music-zine people.   I guess
I miss publishings that explore sound and not fashions.
{}{}{{}{}{}{{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{]

Well, here are some flippering replies.....

Lawrence once upon
a time said...
  <<<The issue about "value for money" and the new Looper album is an
interesting one. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with 35 minute
albums, and I've always been more concerned with the musical quality
contained within. Take, for example, "Pink Moon" by Nick Drake. 27
minutes of pure genius, and not a moment too short......>>>>>>..

  I couldn't agree more. 'Her Wallpaper Reverie' by The Apples in Stereo
is another shortie but goodie. It is more debatable, but I thought it
all fit together nicely.  It didn't seem to me a cheat at all.
  I also like 'Up a tree' for it's take on a simple song and stretching
it.  The whole album melts into one musical line. Themes are fun to play
with.

**  A fellow, who I'd like to meet someday, cause I can't get enough of
his posts, George Henry Dickie wrote
     <<<<<<IN MY DARK LOW TIMES
I THINK OF SHARING A PINK GRAPEFRUIT WITH         CHARLOTTE
CHURCH
IT MAKES ME SMILE
FOR A WHILE>>>>>>>

   Charlotte Church makes me giggle like a school girl and leap for joy.
I don't care what people say, she's the cutest of the cutest.  I wish
she were my sis.

Lastly,  I would like to thank Julie for the fables she posts, which I
do enjoy reading bunches.

œœChad Lliam Curtis