Sinister: sinister:slurpee calling

James Morris kakookie at xxx.com
Tue Apr 25 04:32:00 BST 2000

Hey Everybody,

      So i've been loosed from the nursery, perhaps prematurely.  I've been
gobbling up list content between fits of tedium, smiled at the fox parables,
the diamonds through honey, the high fidelity discussions, that sort of
thing.  And though i'm completely overwhelmed by the volume of emails, still
i'm happy to get them.  And now i inflict one on you, though it may be that
i don't yet have much to say.  Perhaps you have finals too and don't have
time for introductions.  If that's the case then I say hello, get along with
your work now.  otherwise...

      This is my introduction.  My name is james and i'm a boy in boston.
       I used to watch Belle and Sebastian on Nickelodeon, before Alanis
Morisette was on "You Can't Do That on Television" and Dave Coulier was down
the hall taping "Out of Control".  Before any unsavory business in theaters.
       I didn't like the show, it was in that group with "The Little
Prince", "Spartacus", and "The Seven Cities of Gold".  I don't remember
particularly enjoying any of them.  But I watched.
       Maybe it was the sound of it.  I think that's what it was later on
when I heard the name of the band.  Belle and Sebastian.  Even if you don't
enunciate the letters the words just feel nice in your mouth. It's soft to
say and rolls the air and squishes against your teeth.  It's round and open
and some of it spills out your nose.  It's fun to say it.  Sloan was like
that too.  I just liked the word.
       The big white dog was always snuggly, Sebastain would lie against her
at night on the mountainsides under the stars.  The grass was very green,
the dog was white, there were some ruins near by.  That's what I remember
from the show.  I suppose I remember it fondly, even if I didn't like it at
the time.  Or maybe i did, but didn't want to be thought of as the sort of
kid who liked "Belle and Sebastian"... that stuff's for wusses.
       I used to like the sound of the word dildo too.  I didn't know it was
a real word, i just thought they were two very funny syllables that sounded
funny together.  I used to run around calling people dildoes.  I'd get in
trouble, but no one ever told me why, teachers never seemed particularly
enthused about defining that word.  I still the the word dildo is funny, as
much as i did when Belle and Sebastian used to be on.
       I don't remember what happened to sebastian.  I remember some trouble
with the police. I remember him running for the border, for the pyranese,
and a girl in a yellow dress trying to help him across.  I remember seeing
Looper last week with the flaming lips.  Stuart and Karn were very cute.
      Somebody I know has a lot of CDs, a lot more than me anyway, one of
them was If You're Feeling Sinister.
      Belle and Sebastian, I remember that show.  I remember the dog and the
grass and the starlight.  Mountains and a yellow dress.  I remember a review
I read in the school paper.  Play Belle and Sebastian for me.
      So that's how i met Belle and Sebastian.  And I guess I've known them
for awhile but I like their present iteration best.  I don't mind being the
kind of kid who likes Belle and Sebastian, not anymore.  And now I've met
you... well no, not at all really.  But online you can get away with a bit
more make-believe than usual.

      So hi everyone, what's up?  I'm James, nice to meet you.  I can't wait
for the new single and the new album.  I have every confidence that they
will verily rock.
      I'm sorry if this hasn't been a terribly lucid addition to the list,
but I've got several papers and two final projects due tomorrow, well one of
them was due last week but that's neither here nor there, so i'm not
thinking clearly at the moment.  I think i'll go get a slurpee.  yum.

...and then a cactapus came along and ate them all up!
James.