Sinister: bedsit infamy- please read

EliotNew at xxx.com EliotNew at xxx.com
Tue Apr 25 23:31:15 BST 2000

Hear:

So sad the scene.  Was it possible for me to know that a few descriptions and
lyrics from the new Belle And Sebastian album would receive a hostile welcome
from a group of people into Belle And Sebastian?  Before I'd heard it I was
literally begging people who had to give me any description of it they could.
 I was rabid to hear lyric lines and who sang on what song, song titles,
anything, all without a trace of jealousy or envy that they had it, just an
eagerness to hear it.  Notice in my first post I avoided a long and winding
review of the thing.  This was on purpose.  Reviews are generally
uninteresting to myself.  Hearing regular fans' descriptions are not.  I
wouldn't receive the most minute thrill had I posted to 'show off' because
I'm not that type.  I don't care if someone has something before I do.  That
would be a hell of a way to go through life.  People go on about Bowlie and
ATP and various live shows and I read every word from an apartment in Oregon
with a smile.
Perhaps if you have a sour reaction to someone having something you don't,
your eyes are green.  Surely it was noticeable in the first sentence the post
was a description of the album.  Unless you're some sort of genetic oddity
that can consume whole pages of information at once you could have clicked on
by if you were not interested in hearing about the new album.  Is it possible
to have to say more?

Thanks for the correction about 'Waiting For The Moon To Rise'.  Righting a
mis-attribution of singing credit isn't the slightest pedantic!  It is the
lovely Sarah who steps to the vocal fore.  Perhaps that's why I like the song
so much.

Eliot