Sinister: The art of talk without saying anything

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 26 10:47:11 BST 2000

Hi all:

Ugh,a couple of days off and this list gets all stormy as if we were in
the cast for some C5 version of 'Wuthering Heights', I wonder if there is
such interest to revamp 19th classics inputting flesh out of the corsets
here and there,why nobody had suggested c5 media moguls about this latter
project.It is disturbing even with corsets up and no cleavage.

Going back to factual content: should over-privileged ones have a right to
proclaim they are over-privileged and the rest of us nod along celebrating
their fortune?It is a nearly theological matter,omigod.Connecting this
last issue of discontent with our previous discussion of musical critical
theory in the last 80's, I would agree that pre-reviews would only be
acceptable if their language is so baroque and obscure, and say much more
about the reviewer than about the album itself, offering two choices to
the reader:

a)Not having understood a word from the article actually, you still can
enjoy the songs fully as if they were totally new to you when copies are
available to the general public.

b)Absolutely struck by the correspondant's interpretation, there is no
need to listen to the songs, and you can pretend when being in some social
conversation,his/her opinions are yours and look like there is something
as deep as that in your airheaded mind.

I used to practise the b)option in my shoegazing days.never bought any
Pale Saints and managed to come across as a hugely intellected 17 years
old.

Arantxa