Sinister: PLEASE read the first paragraph!!!!!

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Wed Apr 26 15:21:54 BST 2000

PLEASE READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH AT LEAST!!!
Hello All.
I was thinking about the whole B&S situation last night, and thought that
this time right at the moment is probably quite an important point in their
history – like the calm before the storm of the big time world domination.
And for that reason I thought it may be a fun thing to do to find out what
the list’s definitive favourite B&S song is. Lots of people in their debut
post write their favourite song, and well, I’m willing to compile it if
you’re willing to vote.

Still interested? Good. I reckon that it would be a lot easier to number the
songs, so that then you could just put them in the subject line, so I
wouldn’t have to open 1200 emails. So people, if you want to have your say
in this great democracy, please email me privately
(samwaltonyeah at hotmail.com) and simply write on the subject line “Vote: x,
y, z” where x is your favourite song, y your second favourite and z your
third. Remember, if you don’t vote, you have no right to complain about the
result…

If for some reason your favourite song doesn’t appear on the list below,
please write it the body of he email, and put something that suggests that
you have on the subject line, and I’ll open the email.

Got that? Good. Any problems, email me privately.
Here’s the list then…

1.	The State That I Am In
2.	Expectations
3.	She’s Losing It
4.	You’re Just A Baby
5.	Electronic Renaissance
6.	I Could Be Dreaming
7.	We Rule The School
8.	My Wandering Days Are Over
9.	I Don’t Love Anyone
10.	Mary Jo
11.	The Stars Of Track And Field
12.	Seeing Other People
13.	Me And The Major
14.	Like Dylan In The Movies
15.	The Fox In The Snow
16.	Get Me Away From Here, I’m Dying
17.	If You’re Feeling Sinister
18.	Mayfly
19.	The Boy Done Wrong Again
20.	Judy And The Dream Of Horses
21.	It Could Have Been A Brilliant Career
22.	Sleep The Clock Around
23.	Is It Wicked Not To Care?
24.	Ease Your Feet Off In The Sea
25.	A Summer Wasting
26.	Seymour Stein
27.	A Space Boy Dream
28.	Dirty Dream Number 2
29.	The Boy With The Arab Strap
30.	Chickfactor
31.	Simple Things
32.	The Rollercoaster Ride
33.	Dog On Wheels
34.	The State That I Am In (Demo Version)
35.	String Bean Jean
36.	Belle & Sebastian
37.	Lazy Line Painter Jane
38.	You Made Me Forget My Dreams
39.	Photo Jenny
40.	A Century Of Elvis
41.	A Century Of Fakers
42.	Le Pastie De La Bourgeousie
43.	Beautiful
44.	Put The Book Back On The Shelf
45.	This Is Just A Modern Rock Song
46.	I Know Where The Summer Goes
47.	The Gate
48.	Slow Graffiti
49.	The Loneliness Of A Middle-Distance Runner

That’s all I think. There may be some which aren’t on any EP’s or LP’s, but
if there are, please tell me. Oh, and by the way, don’t just vote for the
most obscure, vote for THE BEST.

PLEASE: No clever entries off FLAPPYCLAP, and I think it would be nice to
have a list finalised by 22nd May, so, please no waiting around for Legal
Man to come out so that it or Dickslap or the other one makes it in. I’ve
deliberately excluded Legal Man, because the idea is to work out the
favourite so far, from the beginning to now.

Sorry if this strikes you as very anal, but I like doing these kinds of
things.

Looking forward to a barrage of entries….

Love,

Sam.x