Sinister: they don't like it up 'em (nme / ATPs football - tenuous B&S content)

Jim Taylor purpletrousers at xxx.com
Thu Apr 27 03:03:13 BST 2000

feel like a born again virgin emailing to the list from a new account...

would encourage those with an interest in the fact that the sinister massive
kicked the nme's arse football stylee back at all tomorrows parties, to
check out this weeks NME, and the BANGING ON column. ooooh they didn't like
losing to us did they...... well done Sean on putting them right as to who
Slot Jockey *really* were.... as reliable in media manipulations as in
defence that man.

(please forgive my not having time to type out the column - maybe some kind
soul might get the chance??? i did try and find it on the website and could
proably have typed it in in the amount of time that took :(

on the whole ATPs thing, hello to all, sorry to all i was too
miserable/lazy/crap to make the effort to talk to, and just to say how great
it was to hang out with new & old friends.

Despite constantly and rather over-confidently worrying how many games we'd
have to play (and how many bands i'd miss) OVER TWO DAYS if we went the
whole way, i hadn't really expected us to out do last years sterling
performance.

i regard ali's post (12/04/00) as definitve archive for the weekend's on
pitch activities.

And so i have to say a massive R'spec to (my boys, my boys) Sean, Rich,
Rozzer, Rory, Trousers, Ali, Vince & the amlost deadly finnisher Murdoch (&
i 'spose martin-did i miss something-robinson). It was an honour to play
behind you(!), and a pleasure as it meant again, nobody noticed that i'm not
actaully a goalie. which is nice.

where were you mr. casserole? alas i cannot join pic-nic activities
20/5...... it should be as i'm off to wembley to see my beloved villa take
on the west london foreign legion, in their first fa cup final since 1957
(yawn, sorry i know) but i am alas leaving the country, rather frustratingly
at 2.45 THAT saturday afternoon, and so shall miss the evenings events also.
i do trust you'll all have lots of fizzy pop, cake & fun. and end up in the
pub as usual.

i'm sending an email to the eNeMa[E]..... no real politics indeed.

ok love to y'all....

anyone going to Yo La Tengo london, so i don't have to skulk about on my
own????

cheers

jim

PS does anybody have any team photos - before and after final, &
team/support photos that can be attached to the sinsiter home?????
i have a not-all-the-team polaroid that i'll get scanned in by about
november. promise.

PPS The delightful plastic bucket trophy sits resplendent with polariod
attached on top of our telly. i think the poetry parrot should be sent my
way to collect it and pass it on to addorn some of our star player's
mantelpieces.