Sinister: the bad judgement of a mute can often lead to an endless rant. sorry.

aimee pinkjacketandtie at xxx.com
Thu Apr 27 11:43:45 BST 2000

oopsy. I've been out of the nursery for...oh, say...one year, give or take a day.

And I DIDN'T REALISE IT. One year spent as a mute, wasted.

The thing is, I subscribed at the start of '99 (oh, such a long time ago that was), then unsubscribed the same week that I was let out of the nursery in order to travel around Asia with my school's touring band, regretfully (not because of the trip, silly - because I had to unsubscribe). As soon as I returned and subscribed again, I must have been instantly out of the nursery! Oh, what a fool I was. I always thought that I must have been released already, but I suppose I'm such a sloth that I was too lazy to experiment and send anything to you lot. So now I write, and write a lot I shall, I fear. Scroll onwards...

Well, my name is Aimee, and I'm 17 years old. I live in a place called Adelaide, Australia (does EVERYTHING in my life have to revolve around the letter A? Well...actually, no), and I'm doing Year 12 at school, which means I'm in my last year of high school, and I am very stressed out because of the pressure that it all involves. I shouldn't really be this stressed though, because I only want to get into Arts at uni next year, and we all know that that means I won't be getting a job. (: There must be something very wrong with me then, I hear you say. Hmm. NO! - I just want to get out of Adelaide and into Melbourne for uni, 'tis all!!

Even though I'm SUPPOSEDLY on a two-week break from school at the moment, my horrible slave-driving school has decided to give us exams the first week back at school, which no other school in this ENTIRE NATION has decided to do! Can you believe that? Does that mean that my school is the scariest school in Australia? I think it does. I won't mention the name of my school though, just in case one of my teachers is reading this and then they'll give me evil stares when I go back.

My English teacher loves me.

Not LOVE loves me, no no, it's not that kind of a school, but I fear that I may be becoming the teacher's pet somewhat. All he's given me this year are 20/20s, and - don't get me wrong - I'm not COMPLAINING at all, in fact I'm almost inclined to love HIM relentlessly for the nice marks, but it's started to worry me. Even the things that I write which I think are complete crap he scribbles "absolutely breathtaking - brilliant, brilliant, profound, thought-provoking" in his red pen, and I sort of think that I should really be questioning his judgement, right?

The problem is that he often yells these compliments across the classroom. For example, I am investigating the gothic and drug culture of this place here called James Place, a sort of alleyway/laneway thing for my English Major Investigative Study, in which you have to go out and interview at least four people. See, I often hang around people who are that way inclined - but no, I'm not a goth and I don't indulge in any thing stronger than aspirin - so I thought that interviewing them would be interesting for my private school chums to see. So, anyway, I handed up my proposal to my English teacher and he was reading through it while we read some poems (Sylvia Plath! Yay!), and suddenly, out of nowhere, he yells across: "Aimee! You've inspired me! This makes me feel like writing my next novel right away" (he's an author, see). So the rest of my class turn around and look at me, my reddening face hidden behind Sylvia's golden words and wondering what the hell he saw in my two par!
!
!
agraphs. It's just a bit too much, see, and he never does it for anyone else - he's always reading my things out, and I'm sure that the rest of the class is starting to repress their hatred and jealousy. I DON'T WANT THE ATTENTION, OKAY MR...X...? Thankyou.

~~~~Martin said:

"anyone wishing
to carry on abusing me should write to me at toescantalk at yahoo.com.
Anyone who knows where the toes thing comes from is a little bit special
in my book."

I know! I know! "Toes Can Talk" - that was a children's storybook, right? I remember reading that when I was a youngster. It was one of my all-time favourites! I thought it sounded so magical, all of those toes having a dinner party, and playing instruments and all. trés cute. I hope that's what you were talking about, or I'll feel silly. Ooh...would that make me "a bit special"? I hope in a good way.

Anyway, that's all from me. I really only wanted to introduce myself to give my crush a chance to vote for me...hehe. Ulterior intentions and all that. Lovely.

Oops, no b&s content, in my first post too! Uh...well, no one I know has even heard of them, except for my friends who are used to my constant b&s bantering and CD playing. I KNOW that there are a few Adelaidean fans on the list though, due to my year of getting to know y'all. Still, whenever someone makes a comment to me about my b&s bus t-shirt on the street, it's never because they've actually heard of the band. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Jeez...this sure is a long post. I am so sorry, I couldn't control myself. Terima kasih for getting this far if you did (well, if you're reading this...duh...)! Hopefully I won't bore the pants off you next time...

~~aimee. x

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
You should have known
That I'm a little despot, short and stout
Here is my handgun, here is my crowd control
When you tick me off then the bullets fly out
Because free love is a whole lot of bullshit
Free love is a whole lot of bullshit

~~Liz Phair, hello sailor

Send someone a cool Dynamitemail flashcard greeting!! And get rewarded.
GO AHEAD! http://cards.dynamitemail.com/index.php3?rid=fc-41