Sinister: Wo-oh-oh go totally crazy, forget I'm a lady

Alder, Lucy lucy.alder at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 27 17:17:33 BST 2000

It's going to be a summer of glamour for me, boys and girls.  I am now the
proud owner of a bottle of blood red nail varnish and a pussy bow and I
intend to wear them both at the first opportunity.  Just so those of you who
are not so well versed in the language of fashion (daahling) don't get
confused, I'd like to make it clear that a pussy bow is a length of chiffon
worn about the neck, tied jauntily to one side.  Please don't ask me why
it's called what it is.  It just is, OK?

Mark C questioned the ethics of a B&S press-conference-cum-party for Radio
1.  Sounds downright immoral to me but hell, I'll have my ear glued to my
red wooden transistor tonight like the rest of yous (the British yous
anyway).  Hope it's not a phone-in though, because touch tone technology
hasn't reached my corner of London yet (at least not the bastard landlord
who furnished us with a jurassic era phone) and it takes a mighty long time
to get from the dialling bit to the ringing bit, if you know what I mean.
Plus, Maria is bound to be yakking on to some bloke in Spain or something at
the precise moment when 'Lammo' reads out the question.

There was always a kid at parties who whined "I never win anything" and,
with an evil glint in her eye, the mum would lift the needle off the record
at exactly the right moment to ensure that the little brat didn't win pass
the parcel this time either.  In a similar sort of way, I think I'll jinx
myself if I go on about the Radio 1 thing any longer.

Did you see that Sinister got a mention in Select this month?  Hmmm.

Eliot asked the Duke to show him his sword.  Sid James cackled.

Juicy Lucy

ps. apologies for two posts so close together, but I needed a break from an
afternoon of icon-clicking tedium.

--
This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the