Sinister: so that's it?

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Thu Apr 27 23:23:02 BST 2000

hello sinister massive
i think the pickle i threw in my trash is starting to stink up my
room. eeeeeeeew.
but aside from that, hello! it's been a while, indeed.
i've handed in my dissertation, it's done, overwith. except that my
defense is next week. i talked to a girl who's already done hers, so
i know what kind of questions they're going to ask, so i should
really be studying now.
you'll have to forgive me, as i'm a bit tipsy. had some sherry with
two of my professors this afternoon, and i haven't eaten yet. aside
from the few strawberries i nibbled earlier.
b&s go P!O!P!? i thought it'd already happened. oh well. i mean,
wasn't winning a brit award sort of a hint? don't think it'll get
much bigger, though.
somebody posted a theory that there's something about belle and
sebastian that makes people froth at the mout with contempt. this
prompted me to write. you see, last night i was a bit tipsy (seems to
be the theme of this final year of college) and was talking to a boy
i live with. anyway, we were talking about email lists. you see, he
knows the bulk of the people he's on lists with personally, while i'm
the opposite. i mentioned sinister, and how big it is, and he looked
at me a little sideways, not knowing what i meant by sinister. i told
him it's the b&s list, and that confused him even further. he
couldn't associate the word sinister with belle and sebastian. he
said he was basing his opinion entirely on album covers, particularly
tigermilk (which i find personally a little sinister, myself). i
explained that sinister comes from an album/song title . . .
but, the point is, he would have said belle and sebbie are too twee
to have a list named sinister if he'd known the word twee existed.
mind you, he listens to a lot of AC/DC. of course, that hasn't
stopped him from borrowing all my pulp records.
and, while i'm posting, i may as well ask againg: who gave me a list
crush vote? somebody did roughly a month ago, then i posted asking,
and instead of getting a response, i got another crush vote. one of
the two votes mysteriously disappeared (don't worry, i'm not sad
about it), but i'd still like to know who the remaining vote is from.
unless, of course, it's gone. i haven't checked in a couple days.
i've been meaning to ask about this for some time, but could never
find a good enough reason to post besides asking about list crushes,
and i think just posting about the list crush is a little tacky,
don't you?
well, popkids, i think i'm going to sober up and go rent some movies.
have a good night!

-kerry

  "`Cos in my sleep I still clench my teeth
I'm at my strongest only when I'm weak"
	                         -tindersticks, "piano song."