Sinister: So much unrequited love, so little time

Chris Paluch keleidoscopic at xxx.com
Fri Apr 28 23:20:39 BST 2000

Hello Sinister people,
It is a particularly hot day today in the wonderfully
dull area of central Illinois.
I am leaving the area of cornfields and concrete in a
few weeks, going out with a great sixties pop
bang(getting to see apples in stereo and essex green
twice:), but having enough feeling of unrequited love
to take up a life time.
When I first got into Belle and Sebstian, introduced
to me by a friend who shall remain nameless, I was at
a point of absolute social misery.  I realized that
people I knew and thought to be friends were jerks,
and was left behind alone.  The person who introduced
me to them of course later became a good friend.  Then
as I became less miserable, I had this bad habbit of
falling in love with people that I barely even knew.
The fact that being introduced to a band in the music
section of Barnes and Nobles represents a positive
turning point in my social life is something of enigma
even to me.  So, now I am leaving in a few weeks with
being educated for four years at some midwestern
private university, and now I am begining to better
know people that I should have talked to a long while
ago, and that feeling of love is turning into one of
just a need of a short term frienship before i go. I
am begining to feel better that my love for some
individuals went unrequited, and I am moving on once
again. Silence to can be comforting.  I am begining
not to regret that inherant shyness that I have had
since I was fairly small. There are those times in
which a close circle of friends matters more.
Though it is getting more painful to leave good
friends behind. Now I know why I listen to B&S at
times all alone...

Off to Chicago and then Vermont, where winter will
hopefully be kind to me.
Sorry for this long semi personal letter, but I kinda
felt it was necessary in some way.  Sorry for saying
sorry.

Chris Paluch

=====
The sole member of the Lost Letter Society
A society dedicated to turtle lovers everywhere.
Http://www.mp3.com/LostLetterSociety