Sinister: legal betting

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Sat Apr 29 11:50:20 BST 2000

Hello everybody.

Aaagh! I need the WHOLE list's help on this one. I was having an argument
with my friend yesterday about the merits of B&S.

He said something along the lines of "but it doesn't matter anyway because
they're shite and nobody likes them".
Then in a fit of passion, I said back to him, "OH YEAH? I bet they'll go top
20 when they release their new single".
He says, "Fine then, twenty quid says they won't make it"
I say, "Can we do ten? It's just, y'know, I'm a bit skint and all"
He says, "Yeah you're right actually, so am I. Fair enough then. A tenner
says they won't make top 20"
I say, "Done".
He says, "Done"

Then I suddenly realise what I've done. There
are two ways of winning this bet. Either I hijack Crapital radio and force
them to play it to the teenyboppers all day, or I buy 1000 copies myself.

OR... Everybody on the list buys two copies each? Ahhhh. Maybe it could
work....

Oh well....
Sorry for the pointlessness of this post.
love,

Sam.x

P.S. Keep those votes for your favourite song coming in. If there is
sufficient call for the list to be posted again I will do so. So far I've
had about 70 votes....