Sinister: Boys are scary.

Schaffenberger, Kristen kschaffe at xxx.Edu
Sat Apr 29 21:00:01 BST 2000

So, the not-often-discussed Will writes:

>Now, on to business:
>I am almost done with school.  In like 3 weeks, I'll have my master's
>degree and I'll make rude gestures toward Texas out the back window of
>my
>car as I speed off to civilization.  The funny thing is that I was just
>beginning to get comfortable here.  Oh well.

  Boo.  I finish school even sooner, but I don't leave Texas until
September.  Nevertheless, London awaits!  I'm most looking forward to
arriving on foreign shores to meet and greet the UK sinister kids.

  So, I don't think girls are scary.  But I do think boys are a little
scary.  Case in point: my birthday was last week.  I've been seeing a boy on
an extremely casual level, and he was rather rude at my birthday party
(e.g., drinking a little more than he could handle, acting relatively silly
in all respects, etc.).  I saw him yesterday for the first time since the
party, and he's all grinning and proud of himself, and he's like, "I got you
something!"  I, of course, assume that he's off and bought me Pokemon: The
First Movie or some loveable plush toy in the $20-$30 range.  Needless to
say, I'm puzzled when he hands me a small box.  Inside is this absolutely
lovely diamond tennis bracelet.  I later find out from a mutual friend that
he worked extra days and put away a lot of extra money to buy it.  Without
question, it's absolutely lovely, and it was an incredibly sweet gesture.
At the same time, though, he's like, "Well, here you go" with the whole
thing and acting all casual and.. and... well, I think it's just plain
weird.

  Moreover, when I thanked him for said bracelet, he said, "Oh, there's no
need to thank me.  I know you only like really nice things, so I thought I
should get you something really nice."  Hmm.  Boys are weird.
In all the best ways.

  Off to mail graduation invitations and announcements.  I want a pink dress
for my college graduation party, but I've had no luck in finding one.  Any
suggestions?

  X,
  Kristen