Sinister: Under more cars than there are Ls in British Leyland

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 1 01:04:41 BST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "P F" <pinefox at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Cc: <pinefox at hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2000 6:56 PM
Subject: Sinister: Under more cars than there are Ls in British Leyland

> This list has fair exploded into a forest fire of action in the last week or
> so. Heck, I was close to excited. I'd like to respond to all that
> fascination, but first I want to tell you some old, and ageing, news. It's a
> tiny vignette about how Stephie T met one of his heroes, and I was lucky
> enough to be in the wings. Not in Wings, mind. That would have been *really*
> lucky. For those who don't remember Stephie, his last mail to sinister was
> something about sabre-toothed tigers and the toothlessness of Emile Heskey.
> It moved me at the time. I ended up in South Norwood.

well, i've got the jam, elvis costello (who wrote "less than zero" first, mind you), the magnetic fields (obviously), lou reed, the
smiths and stereolab.  possibly pavement also.  what am i missing?  are you trying to drive me mad?

i arch my eyebrow to you, mr. P.  brilliant.

jay, who is left-handed but possibly not heroic, whose mother has started dating a major appliance, not a name (imagine my horror!),
and had his head done in by the best date of his life, with every wonderful, crucial detail except for the fact that she had nothing
to do since her live-in boyfriend was out of town, thus negating the existence of said date

"caroline wheeler's birthday present was made entirely out of the skins of dead american rock singers, which was highly unfortunate"