Sinister: we have heaven

adam apparatus aconover at xxx.net
Tue Aug 1 02:05:19 BST 2000

as i write this, i am listening to that antithesis of sinister: prog
rock! yes, my pop old Yes album, Fragile. i admit it, i was nuts for
yes in middle school. i actually own this album on cassette (before i
even got a cd player, imagine that!) oh dear, it's so embarassing. i
can say though, that before yes got all fey and floaty they were
rockin', yeah, punk stylie. ok, not quite, but still. this is still a
pretty good album. and who can forget that incredible year when jon
anderson quit and the buggles joined the band, giving us such gems as
"machine messiah" and "tempus fugit"?

ahh... yes, i am proud to admit it... i saw yes at jones beach here
on long island... they were old and fat, except for the new boys they
had grafted on who were just tykes. it wasn't until years later than
i learned yes was a "stoner band"... all my youthful love and
idealism broken in a single swoop! ah...

so that was my "yes post". wait later for my "i need a friend post"
quickly followed by my "cry for help post", all of which culminates
tragically in my three-hour long song cycle entitled "songs of death
and rebirth", subtitled, "an interactive traipse". thank you.

- adam

aconover at optonline.net
Tempus Fugit is at:
 http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~conover/tempus/main.html