Sinister: the ever decaying sense of being

n|ck g nickgillespie at xxx.com
Tue Aug 1 16:47:51 BST 2000

i'm not quite sure why i am writing this. for i know none of you and, in
fact, don't even live on the same continent as most of you, but still,
because of my own lack of friends, i feel the need to just be heard.

yesterday i went to the doctor's after delaying for about a month. they
performed hours of tests and sent me home to sit by myself engulfed in fear.
they don't know if what they found is cancer or just an abnomality within
the limits of normality. since i am only 21 this is quite surreal and
frightning for me.

this brings to mind many questions about my own life and those around me.
what is it at the end of our lives that we will want to look back on and
appreciate. i know that it won't be material possessions. nor will it be how
much money we made. instead i think that it will be what we have experienced
and seen. possibly the question of happiness will come into play. how then
does one go about obtaining happiness? if one was so inclined how would they
go about becoming this way and maintaining this state of mind? obviously no
one can answer these questions but our selves. i just thought that i might
make at least one person re-evaluate their life. i have been. i have come to
learn that nothing in this world means shit if it doesn't mean anything to
you. everyone knows that reality is realitive. i may not be living my life
to the fullest but i can say that i am trying, which is more than most on
this earth can say. hope that i might have made some of you think and
possibly brighten your day for doing so.

nw