Sinister: FW: New 2 U - Thanks to the New Green Punto.

Lorraine Hosie Lorraine.Hosie at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 3 09:20:45 BST 2000

My First Post...

Since I've been sporadically monitoring this list for nigh-on 4 years now, I
guess it's about time I posted.

Let it be known I've been into B&S since the first time I heard "Stars of
track and field" on Mark n' Lard back when God was a boy (last EVER
religious reference I'll make - Learn from this.)

Back in those halcyon days, I was a student in Galashiels where I knew a
girl called Astranova (no lie!) who claimed she lived across the road from
our pet band (in Glasgow) and may have even had sexual relations with
resident tub-thumper...  This is the closest I have ever been to the band's
genitalia and my only claim to B&S fame.

Anyway, we wrote a song about Astranova - her liver had seen better days.
Bygones.

In recent times, my favourite post has been from "Kev" - his stories of the
New Green Punto (23.7.00) have motivated me to jump on the bandwagon and
feel the flies in my teeth.  Cheers Kev, you're an inspiration to us all.

My mate Joe is the newest and most kindred B&S fan I know.  We made a deal
recently when he gave me The Smiths and I gave him B&S.  Fair deal? Discuss.
He has a B&S claim to fame too, but I'll let him share it.

For future reference or if anyone fancies a piss-up or a fig roll, I can now
be found in London....  Central location etc, you know how it is.

Lorraine xxx

p.s. I forgot my other claim to fame - My hometown (Arbroath, Scotland)
buddy Ian Grier is apparently credited on the inlay for "Fold yer hands...".
I keep forgetting to check, but if he is, that's great news.