Sinister: simple things

amy_jackson0 amy_jackson0 at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 5 09:05:45 BST 2000

howdy

it's that time of year again.  the time where i grow closer to the day where
i dread seeing the post van coming along the road.

i get my exams results on the 10th.

if i don't get 4 B's, then i'm stuck in gairloch for another year, and i'll
have to go back to school.  now, for various reasons too horrible to
describe, that is a fate worse than death.

seriously.

so i've got to do well.  i need four B's.  i did highers in art, french,
modern studies (like politics and stuff) and english, and a module in maths
cos i is thick wif numbers, but i'm convinced i've f*cked up badly.  i did
this last year for my standard grades, and i got six grade 1's and two grade
2's, which is apparently like six A's and two B's in GCSE's....  so that was
pretty good, and i think if i stick to this theory, of convincing myself
i've done badly, then maybe i'll have done well.

oh who am i kidding?

i've been offered a place to do a BA in Arts and Social Science at
strathclyde uni and i REALLY need to go there this year, cos there is no way
i'm going back to school, to be with a bunch of people who hate me, take the
piss and generally make me miserable.  so i must get 4 B's.

sinisterines, you will be among the first to know my results.  if i can get
on the internet that is.  we got another massiiiiiiiive phone bill in the
other day, and i've been banned from the net during the week.

oh joy.

so you'll probably hear on friday.  or saturday.  as if any of you actually
care, i can hear the giggles/sighs of annoyance already, and i haven't even
sent this yet!

loneliness of a middle distance runner is great.  even better than legal
man, but we won't get into that one again, will we?!

have been reading a book called "sophie's world" lately. it's about the
history of philosophy and stuff, and is very good.  but what i like about
it the best is how the girl gets these secret letters every day.  i mean,
she knows who they're from (a philosophy teacher) but it's just quite cool.
i wish i got secret letters, i never get any post or anything these days.
you can send me secret emails if you want, they're better than nothing
i suppose...

ho hum

as for the subject line...

it's my favourite b&s song at the moment.  small but perfectly formed.

but nothing beats the recorders in "the boy with the arab strap".  woo, and
indeed, hoo.

i'm off,
amy xxx

"wisest is she who knows she does not know"