Sinister: b&s in a major motion picture

Curtis Heath sadandsentimental at xxx.com
Sat Aug 5 07:04:09 BST 2000

Howdy Kids,
Don't hate me for seeing Hollow Man. Personally, I could never tell if Paul Verhoeven was the genius that his early art-films seemed to make him out to be, or a sell-out making typical Hollywood trash (Robocop, Starship Troopers, Showgirls.) But after seeing Hollow Man, I realize he's a genius... Kevin Bacon's character is named Sebastian, and his pet gorilla is named Isobelle. Yes, she's his lab-animal... but still, she plays an important catalyst to the plot. No joke! They made Isobelle a gorilla. Not necessarily a monkey-butler, but a gorilla nonetheless.
This could be no coincidence. I think Paul is trying to tell us something. He's been heavily criticized for being a misongynistic, homophobic pornographer... and I think he's trying to let a certain few of us know that all of his films are done a bit tongue-in-cheek. I mean, you can't necessarily be a homophobe, and a Belle and Sebastian fan at the same time, can you? I think he's giving the typical movie going masses exactly what they want- violence and sex basically. I think it's all a game to him. Anyways...
You guys have fun.
Curtis
p.s. Don't see the movie. It's really bad.

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct