Sinister: Its A Sat At Home Day Saturday

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sat Aug 5 16:23:15 BST 2000

(There's no drive-in in this town)

Hi All,

BASTARDS MAG 9/00
Someone (Sophie? Lucy?) has already told us that this month's Select
reprints Struan's Glasgow University Guardian interview, but neglected to
draw to our attention the topless shot of To... oops, sorry :) , Wee Chris,
accompanying the V-Twin article on the following page. There's a picture of
Max's steering wheel too.

The same issue sees that other Stuart (Mogwai's) referring to our faves as
"the Baw & Sac". Babelfish couln't help me out here, so any expert in
Glaswegian argot able to render a translation would be appreciated.

Apologies for random order of the rest of this post cobbled together as it
is from scraps noted from the last few weeks' digests:

CHEESY POOFS
Carsmile Steve camping it out in South Park

WELCOME BACK BRAD
Nice to hear from you again. Is this list still a f*cking nail? And whatever
did that mean, anyway?

TRANSFORMER MAN
Mr P F: Rod's cover of The Wild Side of Life is also worth a listen. So is
Status Quo's actually, but we'd better not go there...

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN
Did I dream that Lynyrd Skynyrd got mentioned on this list recently? Your
then still teen correspondent remembers seeing them support Golden Earring
at the Newcastle City Hall on 16.11.74, but was cool enough to leave before
the main act. Seeing them live was pretty dull though, as every lick was
note for note the same as the albums.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINISTER (soon)
I reckon this list will leave the Terible Twos and start whatever it is you
call the Threes in a few days time - Sunday 27th (?)  (although my own
Sinister anniversay isn't until a couple of months later). What should be
done to celebrate this momentous occasion? Bake a 1360 portion virtual cake?
Special picnic? Look like tourists in Barcelona? Gang Bang Honey? (BTW, cool
WAP page, Hon)

Put your thinking caps on please, organisers.

B&S CONTENT
Bollocks. Us people here on Sinister have got other things going on in their
lives apart from Belle and Sebastian. If we just posted about the band 24
hours a day, 365 days a year, the list wouldn't survive.

So lets get right on with that Dear Diary stuff.

PRIMROSE HILL PICNIC
I never made it...

...but I did get to the Spread Eagle for the apres-picnic. This may have
been a mistake however as the assembled company had a massive head start in
the drinking stakes.

I showed Greenwich photos, BG Martin sat on my lap, people talked to me
about Madder Rose, I took photos of Tim that he won't let me publish, Geoff
left with hordes of women & people generally had F!U!N.

FOX-Y-GLOVES
The foxiest band in Britain played the Under Solo Club in Camden recently,
augmented by Sedentary Fox Martin on STuD bass & Pam & Eddie Vedder's love
child Ira on drums. Posh venue, glamorous audience (Hi Gals!), excellent
set, Pine Fox Joe's guitar being inspired by Martin's magic box to run all
over the place but still ending up in the right places. Rogueishly handsome
Vulpine Fox supplied the witty between songs banter.

Make us a record, please guys.

OLDE CHEDDAR CHEESE
Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat where have you been? I've been up to London to see the
Queen (well, a Princess at least)

Her Royal Stickiness was in town to see that 69 New Romantic Songs bloke. I
too have acquired a copy of the record, but feel its appreciation may be an
uphill struggle, not least because of my own home-grown South Park chorus of
derision that greets its ever being played.

Bye,

Mental Groupie
Chelmsford, UK