soy cuba Re: Sinister: Its A Sat At Home Day Saturday

jay declan63 at xxx.com
Sun Aug 6 02:45:00 BST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "brad !" <koolaidwino at xxx.com>
To: <sinister at missprint.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2000 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Sinister: Its A Sat At Home Day Saturday

> >WELCOME BACK BRAD
> >Nice to hear from you again. Is this list still a f*cking nail? And
> >whatever
> >did that mean, anyway?
>
> i've never used that expression and, furthermore, don't know what it means.
> it sounds like british slang to me and i am neither a) british or b) one of
> those americans who uses words like "shite" and "bollocks". i do mutter the
> occasional "cunt!" whenever someone cuts me in traffic or snatches the last
> cuban sandwich from the deli while i'm on my lunch break and all i've been
> thinking about all morning long is getting me a cuban on my lunch
> break...but those times are few and far between.

is there a publix in town?  they should be able to set you up with a big cuban sandwich fresh off the griddle.  (though it's too
late at this point.....the chicken philly is great too)

the hooker encounter reminds me of my time in london when an admittedly lovely and unskanky (or undodgy) young woman behind me asked
"d'you want some company?"   well, i'm thousands of miles from anyone i know and generally quite lonely anyway.....of course i do!

i *have* added some UK to my vocabulary, but i spend a lot of time on lists devoted to UK people, with UK people who i've spent time
with *in* the UK, so it hardly seems forced.  plus, words like the aforementioned "dodgy" or "knackered", say, are simply better and
more succinct than anything else i can think of.  still, one can forget one's audience and sound rather strange in other places (and
it's much more polite here to mutter "bollocks" at my computer and the people i deal with at work than "this is bullshit!" :) )

jay, who's off to the bar for a bit because there's simply not much else to do, which seems to be the dominant situation today, and
they have cheap newcastle on tap!  (because it's.....you know......*good* beer....though i'm a big PBR fan too)

"the window was open and the raindrops were bouncing on my head"