Sinister: daughter of a french nobleman

Pauline L. Shivers paulinel_s at xxx.com
Sun Aug 6 11:38:37 BST 2000

First post to sinister
Am I exciting? Am I shivering? Am I scared? Shall I
spare you all?
Who Am I? I'm Pauline L. Shivers obviously! I'm a
daughter of a czech nobleman, not a french one mind
you. My dad was a Bohemian aristocrat; but he lost
everything because his father fell in love with his
mother's maid.. and I'm telling you the truth.
You see, my grandfather fell in love with this lovely
peasant girl; but of course his father wouldn't accept
a marriage between his only son and a servant...
So, he threatened my grandfather; either the peasant
girl or his fortune... unfortunately, my grandfather
chose to be disinherited than let the love of his life
go! next thing you know, him and my grandmother were
in a train to Paris; from there they went to London...
And here I am, the grandaughter of a love fool, of a
disinherited aristocrat, living in Prague now after my
family moved back there 10 years ago.
Belle & Sebastian: I heard "Dog On Wheels" in the
Spring of 1997, in a radio station! I rushed to my
friend's recordshop and bought it.
As I was travelling back from the countryside by
train, listening to the Clientele on my walkman, I
came back home to find the notification "you've been
given a voice"; and I thought, yes, it's time to annoy
you all.
Fading Summers   Always in August I have this feeling
that the Summer Fades Away. I've read somewhere
recently that the beginning of August, in gaelic
tradition, definites the end of Summer and the
beginning of Autumn; so they used to celebrate it with
big fires in which they smoked their guns, as the
beginning of Autumn meant that the haunting era was
commencing.
Semiotics: I love the posts of Mr Pine Fox, there's a
strange kind of semiotics there, don't you think?
Being intrigued by the posts of his I read since I've
been subscribed here, I went to the archives and read
some more.
So I said what I had to say, and baring in mind that I
had to keep this short, I'm going to leave you.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Sundays are so cruel!

                Pauline