Sinister: my very first belle and sebastian dream - i'm so proud!!

the original pixidustlady pixidustlady at xxx.uk
Mon Aug 7 21:02:46 BST 2000

i never thought it would happen.
usually when i dream its about something happening in my life, its all
relevant and underlying subconsious etc etc.  and i've noticed that my
dreams are always very rigidly structured, 3 parts, usually totally
unconnected, but still sort of like a beginning, a middle and an end.
anyway, my dream.....
i'm in new york, trying to buy a map so that i can find my way around.  i
look at the display in this shop which is a 7/11, but looks dead posh, and
they've got guide books to orkney, which i find very strange, but also
somehow flattering.  i pick out two maps and take them to the counter.  on
my way i notice a drinks cooler with a large cutout of celine dion inside,
and loads of unmarked bottles, as if the cardboard cut-out of C.D. is enough
in itself to sell these unlabelled, potentially poisonous drinks.  i decide
not to have one, even though i'm really thirsty.  i go to pay for my maps,
but all i have is pounds sterling, no dollars, and i feel a right tit for
not getting any currency before i go on holiday.  the cashier says no
problem, and takes my fiver.
then i'm in a big warehouse/theatre kinda place (which also bears more than
a passing resemblance to my living room) and i'm at a Lee and Herring
(remember them?) roadshow.  ****small note - when i remember this bit in the
morning, i also remember about dreaming about Lee and herring previously****
anyway, they're doing their thing, until it comes to the part of the show
dedicated to music.  they've got this car on stage, which has a large model
fish stuck to the roof.  at this point, i seem to have got onto the stage
with my cuddly toy leopard 'dave'.  then Stuart Murdoch appears and sings a
song.  me and him and lee and herring are all sitting in the car while he
does the song.  at the end, when we get out, i realise that we're making the
video for the song.  then Stuart starts thanking me and hugging and kissing
me.  everyone else just sortof disappears, and we're hanging out in this
warehouse, which is full of cool  stuff and bits and pieces, like an old
junk shop full of kitsch collectables or something.  when its time to go, it
takes ages to go around and check that all the lights are off and the
windows and doors are locked, and i keep discovering new rooms.
then i find a room with people in, and me and stuart realise that they're
squatting and waiting for an illegal rave to start, so we throw them out and
block the entrance with the car.  these squatters have a blue car which they
try and reverse into us, but instead they manage to reverse into the
ditch/moat that's surrounding the warehouse (me and stuart are parked on the
bridge).  theres loads of people in the car and they cant get out, but then
this big butch woman comes and picks up the car (not really though, cos its
supported by the water)  and sort of pushes it underneath the bridge.  this
breaks the bridge though.  we get the car off it but then clamber back
across, trying not to dislodge any more boards.

this is all i can remember, although i think there might have been more.
dont know what it all means, although having written it all out like this i
do recognise issues that my brain is trying to deal with at the moment -
security, finding my way around a new area, and wanting to feel needed - and
i know why lee and herring were in it.  i flicked over a really old live
show of theirs on UKplay, from 1996 or something daft like that.  i dont
know why stuart murdoch was in it though.....
well, this post has become hugely elongated and probably given you all more
of an insight into my brain than you really would have liked so i'll stop.
interpretations always received with appreciation.........
the pixi xxxxxxxxxxxx