Sinister: Never been so far away...

Stephen Hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 8 12:17:26 BST 2000

...I don't think I want to stay in this room Anymore...

Finally the "Steve searching for a flat in Oxford" saga comes to an end.
And with strange spooky sinister-related coincidence to boot.  Within a few
weeks I shall be neighbours with a fellow sinisterine (hi ben) despite no
effort to make this happen, we've just both got new flats in the same
street.  Spoooooky.  And it's just off Cowley Road (the heart of alt.oxford,
apparently), where there are lots of pubs and where bands play, which is
nice (and it has a cooker and a bed and a fridge, which is more than our
other choice did)

...If I crawl across the floor Then I'd be closer to that door It's too
far...

I've just looked at what struan wrote on the b&s page  here:
http://www.myspace.co.uk/belleandsebastian/news.html
GO AND LOOK AT IT NOW, Beans will cook you a curry, Richard will give you
snooker lessons, and Stevie will come and sing you a song!!!!!!!  Stuart
doesn't say what he's offering yet, but who knows, I'm sure Ms Wesley has
bookloads of ideas ;)  And it's all for charidy, mate.  Everyone must think
of something they can offer too, and then they can auction their talents,
what a GRATE idea, innit (maybe i could give dancing lessons).  It'll
certainly keep stuart busy until the tour.

...Never been so far away Just lost the last thought in my head What happens
now?...

Oh, apparently, according to my mate (who is distributing flyers), there is
to be a "belle & sebastian DJ set" at the Greenbelt Festival here in sunny
Cheltenham over the bank holiday weekend. Oh look here's the website:
http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/festival/lineup/music.html  Richard and Chris
will  "treat us to a special DJ set" it says here.  May I suggest that miss
STARRY and miss LIXI have a look at who's headlining Sunday nite :)

...Some fantasy you've been...

However, I'll be at Reading (oh look, another link:
http://www.egroups.com/group/sinireading )which is a bit of a pain, oh and i
won't be living in cheltenham then anyway, eek!  bloody typical TWO WEEKS
after i leave, the buggers show up.  I think it's going to take me a while
to get used to this, I have been in Chelt for 8 years now, it's all a bit
scary, this moving to a new town lark.  However it's nice to know I have a
small band of sinisterines to look after me :)

...Pick up the pieces in my mind...

I'm not sure if i've got e-mail access at my new job, although as it's a
college, I'm assuming I will, but even if i don't i have my little pooter at
home, so you won't get rid of me that easily.  I imagine I won't have such
easy access to #sinister though (could i possibly do less work than i do
now?), so i might not be in there as much.  Right, better go and find some
boxes and get packing.

...I'm going home

xoxo
(hmm, maybe i should reverse that now)