Sinister: Ex-B&S News

Richard Lander rclander at xxx.net
Wed Aug 9 12:25:39 BST 2000

Evenin' All

Following on from Lawrence about the NME there is this news item about
Looper leaving Jeepster.

------------------------------

STUART DAVID of GLASGOW lo-fi funksters LOOPER has revealed to nme.com that
the band is quitting JEEPSTER, the current home of his former band BELLE AND
SEBASTIAN, for their next record, and moving to MUTE.

"I think we're gonna move to Mute for the next album. I think they have a
pretty good understanding of what we want to do", said David, adding, that
Mute would most likely release their next album in the US, as opposed to
their previous label, Sub Pop. "I think Mute's gonna do it for the whole
world. It's quite complicated being on two different record labels."

Speaking about the group's next record, the follow-up to this year's 'The
Geometrid', David added: "Probably, where that one ('The Geometrid') is more
dance and electronic influenced, the next one will be a bit more hip-hop
influenced. The more avant-garde end of hip-hop like Timbaland and Missy
Elliot, those kind of beats."

He did stress, however, that they weren't planning on doing a lot of
rapping. He added, "Probably not, no, that's the thing I get tired of in
hip-hop after a while. I like it to an extent, but a lot of the time I just
wanna listen to the loops properly."