Sinister: doing the dirty boogie

cbrown2 at xxx.com cbrown2 at xxx.com
Wed Aug 9 12:51:01 BST 2000

hello all, hope you're all fine and lovely

I'm surprised that no-one's mentioned Stevies little excursion into the sandpit
yet, seeing as they haven't I thought that I'd tell you all about it.  I got a
compilation cd on Monday called Caroline now! which has got loads of people
covering rare(ish) Brian Wilson and Beach boys songs.  Featured on there is one
MR S. Jackson sometimes of this parish, he does a song called Good time (I'm
sure there are Beach boys fanatics around here who will be able to tell who
wrote it and which album it's from but I can't remember) and it's gorgeous.  A
lovely slowish song all about a girl called Penny who's good at cooking and
doing the dirty boogie (now that's a good name for a dance, unless of course
he's talking about something else which I've forgotten about it's been that long
boo hoo), I'm listening to it now and it really is fantastic, just Stevie and an
acoustic guitar with a little bit of organ in the background ahhhhhhhh

There's plenty of other good songs on there too by such ace people as Norman
Blake, Alex Chilton, Kim Fowley and the secret Goldfish (I really like their
song, does anyone know anything about them as I got a couple of other songs of
theirs on a compilation the other day including a cover of the shop assistant's
"somewhere in China" so ... info please)

Hmmm, my mind's just gone blank, which is a shame as I'm sure I had other things
to tell, ah well never mind, that'll all have to wait for another time.

Ta ta for now all you lovely people

Chris

PS Mr C, what, still no Tigermilking?

PPS put all your money on my beloved Spireites (that's Chesterfield FC for the
uninformed) to win the 3rd division this season, ahh pre-season optimism, you
can't beat it