Sinister: Trembling Blue Fairy Wings

Ian Hatcher igh1 at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 9 14:56:38 BST 2000

Helloooo,

Welcome to one of my infrequent posts (fear not, for I
shall soon be returning to the shadows of lurkerdom).

How good are the Go Betweens?  Of course, this is a
rhetorical question, since all and sundry know that the Go
Betweens are, in fact, awesome.  I can't believe some
people say the 80s were poo, when you had the Go Betweens,
Felt, the Smiths, the Roses (admittedly right at the end
but it helps me win these 'the 80s weren't poo they were
lovely' arguments that I sometimes have with myself) and
even better, Dogtanion and the Three Muskahounds.  Ooh, and
the A-Team.

Another thing (before I forget), did anyone happen to be at
the Tompaulin/Trembling Blue Stars Borderline gig the other
night??  They were both fantastic (just to rub salt into
the wounds of those unlucky enough not to go - ha!!), and
if the artist formerly known as Erica is reading this (or
indeed is still on the list), please can you get in touch
with me.  Well, you don't have to, cos if you got my last
e-mail then I'll just be repeating myself, but in case you
didn't then I owe you for introducing me to the Field Mice
and the Blue Stars and want to repay my debt of gratitude*

I *promise* there'll be B&S content in a minute, honest
Honey.

Fairy wings are good aren't they?  I think everyone should
be forced to wear fairy wings by law (well, all girls, but
I s'pose boys could as well if they wanted).  But then
maybe it wouldn't be quite as good . . . hmmmm.  Nevermind.

My B&S type point is this: who's the best character in
Winnie the Pooh?  Ha ha, I fooled you all.  And the answer,
of course, is Eeyore, that King of Sarcasm.  Oh, great
King, how I bow down to your might.

The real point I was going to make about B&S was actually
quite good, but I've forgotten it now (too busy thinking
about the Tigger Movie) so I'll retreat hastily back into
the shadows before our beloved List Mummy takes away my
sweets (well, shouts at me anyway.  I'm sure Honey wouldn't
still candy from anyone, maybe not even babies).

Byeeeee,
Ian.

*Look how much of a dodgy perv I manage to sound without
actually meaning it.