Sinister: Gonnae No Dae That...

David White david at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 10 18:00:02 BST 2000

Greetings Sinister,

THE ACID HOUSE
Watched this the other night, mainly to hear the B&S song in it, although
it's a bit daft watching a film to hear a song I've already got, but
nonetheless I watched it anyway. It's a bit fecking wierd though. I liked
the first two parts but the third part with him out of Trainspotting as the
baby was total shite. I thought Slow Grafitti was the perfect song for the
part of the film it was in though, I'd never really appreciated the lyrics
before but it was like they had been written with that scene in mind. Was
the song written for the film? If not, then Stuart Murdoch must have read
the book...

EDINBURGH
Somebody on the list was talking about the Edinburgh Festival recently.
There's something I've never liked about Edinburgh and the Festival seems to
sum it up. There's this whole image that its the cultural centre of the
world, look at their Hogmanay thing for example, but whenever I've been
there aside from the tourist bits it's been a total dump. The festival in
particular really pisses me off. For three weeks or whatever every night we
(in Scotland at least) get the likes of Muriel Gray presenting shite called
Edinburgh Nights or something equally inappropriate on the telly every
night. Shouldn't a programme about Edinburgh be more like Trainspotting or
The Acid House and less like Notting Hill or 4 Weddings and a Funeral? I
wouldn't object to the whole festival thing if it was related in the
slightest to Edinburgh or even Scotland but its not, it's full of luvvies
from London or jugglers and midget street performers. And as for that
Scottish Parliament, don't get me started....

EXAMS
I always have to laugh at news coverage of exam results being released.
Wouldn't it be nice if just for once they took their cameras to some
no-hopers house to watch them open the envelope.
Reporter: "So Bob, how did you get on in your exams?"
Bob: "Failed the lot"
Reporter: "Aren't you gutted that you won't have the chance to go to
University then?"
Bob: "No couldn't care less."
Instead every year we have to watch smug bastards opening their envelopes
looking so surprised when they pass all their exams with flying colours
knowing full well that there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell that they
would have failed. Grrr....

LONELINESS OF A MIDDLE DISTANCE RUNNER
Thanks to all those who sent me feedback about the MP3. If anybody missed
it, I've put an MP3 of this song as performed live on the Apocolypse Tube
show on my site. If you haven't already you can download it now from
www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk

BIG BROTHER
Whoever asked, yes it is the most infuriatingly addictive television show
ever. I don't know why, it's not that exciting, it's just one of those shows
that once you start you can't stop watching.

That's all for now

Dave
david at belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk