Sinister: A very worrying discovery...

Joey . showmemagic at xxx.com
Thu Aug 10 22:37:26 BST 2000

Hello everyone. :)

How are you all? Well I hope. Extra big wave to the "kids table baxendale
gang" if they are watching. :)

I just discovered something slightly disturbing. I was casually glancing
through my dad's compilation of the sixties albums, for that Sandie Shaw
song... You know "Always's something there to remind me" to put on my new
"Happy Tape" that I have decided to make to listen to on the train to my
college interview, to make me really happy so maybe I will be a bit chatty
at the interview. But anyway, I found it. On a "Heartbeat" (you know the
tele programme) CD. All number ones from the sixties. Already worrying that
my dad could possibly own such a thing. BUT! Then i carry on reading the
track listing. And I see: Nick Drake - Fruit tree. This is not too grate for
me. Heartbeat is poo. And he really wasn't big in the sixties. Not big
enough to be on there! But not only that, but what it say's exactly is :

*Fruit Tree: Nick Drake.   Chart position: N/A *
*Music used in the episode when Nick lost Kate.*

Oh Dear.

Nick Berry. Oh dear.

All this comes to me after my mum came in my room once whilst Nick Drake was
on and said "this is nice". I said "yes Nick Drake. One of the blokes from
Fairport Convention (she likes them) discovered him".
And so she goes (why does she lie?) "Oh yes, I saw him at last years
Croprodey (odd folk festival). I though I recognised it"

Oh dear oh dear. I told her he was dead. She told me he wasn't. She'd seen
him.

All of this after she heard "Get me away from here...." and said,
"appropriate lyrics, he sounds like he is dying" Grate. Why can't i just
have cool parents??!!!

Hehehe... ;)

Love to all,
Jo