Sinister: Richard Brautigan, other books; Ladyfest

Andrea Kittenmouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Mon Aug 14 21:29:10 BST 2000

hello all,
i noticed that at least two people have mentioned the writer Richard
Brautigan in the last week or so in Sinister town.  he is one of my absolute
favorites, especially his collection of short stories, Revenge of the Lawn.
has anyone read this?  what are your favorite stories from it?  one of mine
from that book is called "Trick or Treating Down to the Sea in Ships" or
something like that.  i also just read a memoir that one of his friends
wrote called "Downstream from Trout Fishing in America"...it was pretty
enlightening, especially since not much is written about Richard Brautigan,
so I didn't know much about it.

so did anyone in Sinister attend Ladyfest in Olympia, Washington?  i went
for the weekend and saw the Need, Mary Timony, and Glass Candy and the
Shattered Theater.  i also went to a letterpress workshop which was really
interesting.  i'd like to learn that.

there was another book that i read recently that reminded me of Belle and
Sebastian...it's a british novel from the 1980's called Oranges Are Not the
Only Fruit, or something like that.  the bbc made a movie of it too, which i
rented from the video store.  both very interesting.  anyone read it/seen
the movie?  what did you think?

anyway, got to get back to work.

yer pal,
andrea

p.s. my radio show, kittenmouse radio, doesn't have a website yet, but it
does have a message board.  i think you can get it if you type kittenmouse
radio into the search engine, google.com, or you can find it by going to
insidetheweb.com and typing in kittenmouse.  there are playlists from my
show there and you can talk about music or make requests or whatever.
anyway, please post something. :)