Sinister: hmmm- i'm thinking andrei bolkonsky popular

kmhyde at xxx.edu kmhyde at xxx.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:12:53 BST 2000

I just had a bit of a debate with my friends, and so
i'll be an obnoxious pretent and post twice in the same
day...

we were talking about how the fact that B&S are getting
so popular (relatively) makes it seem like it's less
special...and that even though we put up a concerted
effort not to be elitist 'indie' kids, we still feel
our collective ire rise when some 'goo goo dolls'
devotee goes walking around talking about this great
band they just discovered.

it's frustrating to see something you've liked for so
long being treated as just another thing; and then
feeling guilty for feeling frustrated. i'm not making
sense am i? the endorphins and adrenaline from the
debate are probably still having their way with my
synapses.

okay- what i really wanted to ask was this-
1) do you think they are getting REALLY popular, or am
i just paranoid and primed to see it.
2) does anyone else feel like it's "your" music....[and
i mean this in both the most figurative and childish
sense.] and do you get sort of jealous when other
people listen?

maybe it's just the combination of qualudes and alcohol
talking. i dunno. I'm sure I'll hear it from the rest
of you all "it's good that the band is getting success,
and you shouldn't be so avaristic- you moron"
supporters in the morning.

votre petit singe dans le fenestre avec le coq,

kevin