Sinister: hmmm- i'm thinking andrei bolkonsky popular

Eric D Brasure edb213 at xxx.edu
Mon Aug 14 22:55:12 BST 2000

> okay- what i really wanted to ask was this-
> 1) do you think they are getting REALLY popular, or am
> i just paranoid and primed to see it.
> 2) does anyone else feel like it's "your" music....[and
> i mean this in both the most figurative and childish
> sense.] and do you get sort of jealous when other
> people listen?

I just have to comment on this. really, I do. my comment is as follows:
speaking as someone who hides the b&s cds in any store I see them in
(blocking the little plastic sign that says "belle and sebastian", and
putting things like abba in front. this is probably a bit nuts and maybe
even mean.), I would say that they're getting more
recognition, but not more popular. like, I was in my local best buy (and
for those of you don't know what one is, it's a overly large
electronics/music/appliance/computer/video game store that is actually
pretty scary) and in the "new rock" display, next to matchbox 20 or
something was "fold your hands". I mean.... why? just... why? still, no
one knows who they are, but for some reason there's more notice of
them. it's like there's some sort of campaign to get b&s more prominently
displayed.
wow, this was poorly written. oh well.

-eric