Sinister: need/oranges ...

Jillian Locke disquieting7 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 15 02:37:21 BST 2000

yes.. after months of being a lurking creep amongst
the cardigans of sinister, i have decided to post
because  of 'oranges are not the only fruit', 'the
need', and Brautigan appearing, miraculously, in the
same post...
i would agree that j. winterson, author of
'oranges...' is a fantastic writer.. my favorite of
hers would have to be 'written on the body'.  i was
trying to make a belle and sebastian connection to the
novel, but can only come up with my personal opinion
that belle and sebastian is genderless. now this, at
first, fits well with the theme of 'written' but
seeing as throughout the whole novel i was convinced
that the main character was a woman.. i guess this
nullifies any connection to belle and sebastian, or
gender removal, or lust or anything that both of these
entities contain. hmmm.. well onto the need.. i think
they are a fabulous band, and thats all i have to say
about them since ladyfest was not an option for me!
also in the list of things i think are fabulous are
the bizzare and hilarious short stories contained in
'everything you ever wanted to know about sex... but
were afraid to ask'. sheep.. transvestites.. yeah!
opinions anyone?
well .. i promise that my next post will not be as
short and erratic as this one has been.. i'm in a
skittish mood!

jillian