Sinister: An Old Rodcoat Won't Let You Down

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Aug 15 14:56:23 BST 2000

First of all, thanks to the breathtakingly beautiful Annabel for gently
cooing such nice things about Sister Disco. Did you know that Annabel lives
near to Europe's premiere emu farm? It's true. They (emus) are virtually fat
free. I saw it on the news.

PF, I've got two Rod Stewart albums, "Never a Dull Moment" (1972) and "Every
Picture Tells a Story" (1971). Both are BLUDDY GRATE. "Dull" features what I
suspect is the definitive version of "I'd Rather Go Blind", one of the best
songs ever written, while "Picture" features a version of "(I Know) I'm
Losing You" that gives The Temptations a run for their mummy. Combined with
Rod originals like "You Wear It Well" and "Maggie May", both albums
represent excellent value for money. Of course, some people prefer The
Magnetic Fields, but that's because they're MENTALLY DEFECTIVE or deaf. How
I loathe and detest the Magnetic Fields! And I've never even heard them. The
other day I saw a video of Don McLean doing his starry starry night hit
"Vincent" and the audience was full of terribly serious lank-haired lovelies
listening to his every word and gazing at him intently. It reminded me of
you lot watching the Magnetic Fields. Mungo Jerry were on too, and Slade.
They reminded me of Adrian Evans trying to think up baby names. Adrian, have
you considered Rod? It would be a nice tribute.

Poor Richard Brautigan. From lank-haired lovelies to drink and despair.

Mute Records - is this some kind of money laundering operation?

I like Bournemouth very much. There used to be some kind of indie (Wonder
Stuff) club near the station. Bournemouth has acres and acres of beautiful
parks. The fans screaming on the Byrds' "So You Want To Be A Rock'n'Roll
Star?" were recorded in Bournemouth. Fact. I was hoping for something like
this when we heard about that B&S party being recorded.

No I wasn't, I've only just thought of it.

Peter