Sinister: Taut and Tame, Wax and Wane

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Tue Aug 15 15:50:15 BST 2000

Trinies,

I hardly ever dare to question Cardinal Dastoor on interpretation of
scripture, but on this occasion I shall risk the rack...

> reckon We Rule the School's "Written for anyone to read, and to
> see" is firmly
> in the 'stupid' camp .  I think someone else said as much a while
> ago.  I mean
> of course they can bloody see it if they can read it.

My feeling here is that SM means "to see" in the (possibly Biblical)
sense of "to understand".

Mr Mikklesen said:
> I'm sure a lot of listees know
> the feeling - you're skilled and desperate to work, but because you
> don't have "industry experience" (whatever the hell that means) no
> one will look at you. I have had so many interviews this year, and
> have come so close so
> many times, always to get knocked back because some "with more
> experience" happens to turn up.

Which sounds like a description of my entire 1992.  Be grateful for
small mercies - back in those days we only had Drop Nineteens and a
countryfied Moose to sustain us.  Are you sick of people telling you
that "something will turn up" yet?  The thing is - it does.

> I mean, short of whoring myself for crack, how do I get
> that exprience???

Er, here we differ.  I wasn't actually applying for any jobs where
previous experience of crack-whoring was considered an advantage.
Which is a shame, because I'd have been in like Flynn.

Back to the mild-irritation pebble...

(Mvi) * (~kve)