Sinister: Rod and Chips

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Tue Aug 15 19:01:42 BST 2000

bref, as they say in Lower Volta. I fear this will reach incompletion, and
be cut off suddenly past its prime. There are questions to answer, you know,
and they won't just answer themselves.

Casarotto bleeped:

I have The Sims. Naturally, my families are Belle and Sebastian. Isobel has
fallen in love with Beanz (sic). Though they haven't shagged yet. I even got
the patch that takes away the fuzzing when they're nude. It's not at all
like Big Brother. But I didn't realise you could add your own MP3s!
Fantastic stuff!

What the helmans are you on about this time, MC? You have totally gone and
lost me.

Steady Mike stoned:
>>>Which sounds like a description of my entire 1992. Be grateful for
small mercies - back in those days we only had Drop Nineteens and a
countryfied Moose to sustain us. Are you sick of people telling you
that "something will turn up" yet? The thing is - it does.

It does - and you know what? Goals can change a game.

I could have sworn that you had the Mary Chain's 'Almost Gold' 45 as well.
That makes three average early-90s indie records, not the paltry two  that
you claim - so things weren't *so* bad.

Can anyone remember anything re. Drop Nineteens? I wish I could.

Peter Miller pRodded:

PF, I've got two Rod Stewart albums, "Never a Dull Moment" (1972) and "Every
Picture Tells a Story" (1971). Both are BLUDDY GRATE. "Dull" features what I
suspect is the definitive version of "I'd Rather Go Blind", one of the best
songs ever written, while "Picture" features a version of "(I Know) I'm
Losing You" that gives The Temptations a run for their mummy. Combined with
Rod originals like "You Wear It Well" and "Maggie May", both albums
represent excellent value for money.

Let's get this straight - I know this. Another way of saying that would be:
I agree. You are absolutely right. You could have gone into more detail re.
certain moments of genius like 'Every Picture' (the title track) or
'Mandolin Wind' - but that can wait. We are in (an) accord. My original
point was, were there any Rods *apart from* these, Gasoline Alley and
Raincoat that were essential? And Mooro had some daring answers which I'm
still trying to decipher.

Finally, Youn used language to say:

It will be featured on the downgoing album. It will be a good record with
Pamela Berry on it - which is the last definition of a tautology that anyone
needs round here. But look, if you're looking for great new records
featuring Pamela Berry you should listen t