Sinister: stop me oh ho ho stop me.......

sophie harris sophiesea at xxx.com
Wed Aug 16 17:49:56 BST 2000

*
aside from gazing at a pic of jonathan richman (sans modern lovers) in his
youth, these things have been distacting me from my verk.

>reckon We Rule the School's "Written for anyone to read, and to
>see" is firmly
>in the 'stupid' camp .  I think someone else said as much a while
>ago.  I mean
>of course they can bloody see it if they can read it.

>My feeling here is that SM means "to see" in the (possibly Biblical)
sense of "to understand".

on the subject of we rule the school i 'ave bin thinkin mainly two things.
first (the worst) - well, surely the difference between reading and seeing
is like the difference between listening and hearing, non? and
second (the best) (is third 'the one with the hairy chest?' or am i barking
up the wrong nursey rhyme?) - hmm, after my extra ordinary llpj walk home
the other night, i really was filled with a lusty joy (erm), and felt on an
upward keel. and the following day was really *swell*, and i kept thinking,
something's gonna go wrong, it must do... and it did; my purse - my
favourite one, pink leather with elephant - was pinched, swiped from my bag
in the rubbishy griffin pub next door to charing cross. and my best tape
too. and i tried so hard not to be upset, but it was truly
parade-raining-on, 'cause my friend sam gave me the purse, and it's one of
my most most pleasing *things*. anyway, my bestest friend marsha's russian
granny says 'you own your things, they don't own you'. which is all very
lovely, but i feel a bit like my teddy bear's been snaffled or something.
*aaanyway*, the point of this, is that i then got on the train home, a
little fuzzy around the ears (awful when you *were* drunk, and then
something horrid happens, so you're kindof *sober* drunk), and i listened to
'we rule the school' and wanted to cry. and i thought, sod tautologies. this
song's important to me because it's a hug ona train. so there (she said
tweely, bugger).

>Can anyone remember anything re. Drop Nineteens? I wish I could.

aaah the long lost days of 92 - the drop nineteens were all nineteen
(inspired) and did the really quite wonderful 'my aquarium' ('when you
smiiiile - i think it's bedder the second time around, and at the end - you
can do it agaaaaain...') thems were the days.

and Peter said,

>Does anyone know any versions of "I'd Rather Go Blind" except those by Rod,
Etta James and Paul Weller? I need to find the best one, it can't possibly
be Rod, much as I love him, the wee pervert.

and i thought the definitive version was sidney youngblood? no? well i'm off
to phone my bank manager, cause the bastard that knicked (or is it nicked?)
my card has rung up 200 quid on somethingorother. but my bank manager and i
have an undestanding 'cause we were both born on christmas eve. bonza.

if only milk were sold in bags everywhere, specially with coffee crisps.
although coffee republic's mango teazer is *terribly* nice.

'kay byyyyye
xs