Sinister: hmmm- i'm thinking andrei bolkonsky popular incorporating Rod the Mod and his death squad

Stephen Howarth pavement at xxx.com
Wed Aug 16 20:50:47 BST 2000

How do I make this bloody thing go.

oh erm, stepping out of the shadows v.briefly here and then I'll run away
again.  this is my first post and I've not got me cardie on.  I have got
one. Somewhere.

Kids, get used to the new B&S fans and "fans".  For a start I'm one of the
former.  I've no doubt there are a fair few others on the list who didn't
buy IFYS the moment it came out but does that mean I/they like them less
than you do? All I'm saying is you've got to give other people a chance
that's all.

I mean I've been aware of them for a couple of years after hearing bits and
bobs played at other people's houses on and off and I only started buying
the records a couple of months back.  I am slack, I know.
Having said that though they've not been off the record player since.

As for the "fans" it's happened to me before and I can empathise. Back in
1989 me and a mate were getting the pissed ripped out of us for listening to
the Stone Roses just after they'd done the album, and we went to Ally Pally
at the tender age of fifteen (Aaah memories....) BACK TO THE POINT

THE POINT
Yeah, so come mock exam time (Good luck with GCSE/ALEVELS/HIGHERSetc.etc
btw) this fat twat, who was into jumping on the first passing bandwagon that
happened to be passing, suddenly proclaims his love of all things
Manchester, flared and hooded.  THE REALLY GALLING THING THOUGH,  was he was
one of the arses who'd made my life hell by calling me a freak for six
months.  Next thing you know everyone's going round saying how they really
love these bands and were always into them and had all their singles
etc.etc.
So yeah, get used to the ever increasing popularity of your favourite band
and get ready for severe jealousy and irritation when the kids who thought
they were crap suddenly think they're the best thing since sliced bread.
I love them to bits but I'm never going to claim I loved 'em before any one
else, am I?  I'd be a fool to.

RE: Rod and Chips
Is that "I would rather go blind boy/than to see you walk away from me" etc.
etc.   I've got a version by a band called Chicken Shack from Top Gear
c.1968 which is good, not sure if it's better than Rod the mod god squad
'cos I've never heard it and I'm not even sure if it's the same song.....

"A Nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse"  by Faces.  It's the one with
Stay With Me on it and the classic libe "Ronnie..can you let go of your
guitar I'm getting incredible feedback shit."  Splendid

Bournemouth -> There used to be a good club next door to the Firefly and
Firkin called Xtreme or something on Saturday, I don't know if it's still
there and the one near the station(just up from the Texaco garage) which
changed its name every three months (for tax reasons I assume)  the
Gardening Club/The hothouse/Other gardening related thing

Running away now......

Pavement