Sinister: the view from the sixth floor

Kate Funky katefunky at xxx.com
Thu Aug 17 17:47:20 BST 2000

well hello everybody. there has been so much great posting going on lately,
that i have caught up with in the last couple of days.  you see, my life has
been a little busy of late.  there was the business of having a birthday,
and a party (you would have all been invited, but i couldn't fit all you
beautiful people in the pub). and there's a ball on tonight (i SHALL go to
the ball- sorry, had to get that out of my system) that i was helping
organise, and then assorted crap.  but anyway, not interesting.

i just read what pixidustlady wrote about cloning and genetic modification.
its really quite bizarre. i think what we are trying to do is not breed out
imperfections and weak genes, but find a loophole where we will be able to
fix the problems the dodgy genes are causing. i think people are trying to
outrun evolution. i also thinkg we're trying to outrun ethics. i don't think
of a bundle of cells as a living thing, but i wonder at what point do i
start thinking of a baby as a person- it's a really tricky question for me.
anyway, i'll leave this for everyone else to ponder and debate.

the lucksmiths! being a melbourne girl, i share my wonderful city with this
womderful band. i was so excited to see that people on the other side of the
world are also loving this band. i haven't seen them play in a while (i
foolishly missed my last couple of chances ) but they are great. and the
rest of the candle roster are pretty good too. the mabels are great,
particularly, and ruck rover are also pretty cool.

well, i love to read these posts. i would also love to drive across america
listening to belle and sebastian, maybe that will have to wait (instead of a
picnic, we could organise trans-continental road trips. or something).
anyway, love to honey and the sinister fold.
kate.