Sinister: one of these days i'm gonna get organizized

Adam.Williams at xxx.uk Adam.Williams at xxx.uk
Wed Aug 16 17:48:28 BST 2000

(if you've seen this - i'm sorry. So sorry)
Oh hellllllooooooo poppet. LOVE the top. It's just so...you.
What? This old thing? Why, I've had it ages. You really are too kind. But
enough about me. Let's talk about us. Or the things that connect us, which,
by and large means indie pop music and sulking. And gin.
  Actually, I've not had a very indiepop/sulky/gin time of it lately. Bought
myself the Burt Bacarach Songbook CD which was so good I've soldered my CD
player shut, In retrospect, this was a mistake. My turntable's in my Swiss
mansion and the only other access to tunes i have in my London Bachelor pad
is a rickety old tape player. Plus the only tapes i've mooched from the
goblin that lives in my tape drawer have been Leonard Cohen and the Dead
Kennedys. Consequently I've spent the entire week in a melancholic funk and
feeling quite angry and aggressive about it. Hey ho.
  Couldn't be arsed with The Acid House. I've already got the B&S song and I
can't abide Irvine 'vicarious junkie(*)' Welsh. I did turn on for about
twenty seconds and it was excellent. Then the girl put her top on and
started speaking and it went rubbish.
  Gosh, it's all a bit fourth form lit at the mo' innit? I'd love to
contribute but don't know what the hell you're all on about, being unable to
read anything more advanced than the Ladybird blue range meself. I don't
know all this stuff about moronic oxen, but they don't sound fierce. They're
probably too stupid to recognise a red rag if you waved it at them and hence
couldn't get aggravated. Maybe if they borrowed my Dead Kennedys tapes...
As for tautology, well i don't know what that means. I haven't even got one
of those word-defining dictionary books in which to look it up. H'rrumph.
  And what's with the lingerie biz? I know that women who work together end
up co-ordinating cycles, but for that many people to have red underwear on
the same day seems like a biological miracle. I think i'll skip.
 Picnics? Well, if i'm about in London for bank holiday weekend (which is
about a 50-50 shot at the mo') I'll be sitting in Greenwich Park and
drunkenly abusing people with my usual loucheness. Hey, maybe I'll even come
over and say hello to you lot as well. Stranger things have happened,
especially to Jenowl.
My soul hurts. i need to find a secular priest. Or a bar. Mmmmmm...
see you on the other side. Or Greenwich, whichever's sooner.

Be slinky.
a.

(*) Ta to Will Self.