Sinister: B+S content shock and...re:Wad Stewart?

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Aug 17 11:44:26 BST 2000

 Sarah said: >>I don't hear Belle & Sebastian much in
shops, especially not the Gap. So perhaps
thats why I don't find it cynically amusing to hear
that an employee decided to play Belle & Sebastian one
day, and someone recognised them... I'd just think
"oh hey B&S!", and then hope that it was a hot boy
standing behind the counter who was playing them.

After reading that, it made me wonder,
where have other sinisterians heard B+S being played?

So far I can personally list ooh, all of three places:

1. Record Shop, Fopp, in Edinburgh. Around the time of
the re-release of Tigermilk. I'd had it fed to me so
much I relented and ended up buying my first B+S
record. And my second. I got BWTAS as well. You can
probably guess what happened after that...

2. At my hairdressers, Paterson SA in Edinburgh.
Bonus, my hairdresser looks like Jamie Naked Chef,
downer, he hates B+S. But hey, they played BTWTAS!! it
was frustrating sitting there with wet hair piled high
having to sit still when Dirty dream came on.... the
temptation to jump up and dance....

3. In Glasgow, in some Jewellry shop, with Mark, and
we were buying a brooch for his mum's birthday back in
April. I can't remember the name of the shop, it was
in The Buchanan Galleries, near Boots or H+M, and they
played "If You're Feeling Sinister" very very quietly.
So we bopped our heads along quietly and stayed til it
had finished. And bought a brooch as well.

Anyone else experienced a B+S taste  moment overcoming
whoever is selecting the background music in a shop?

Oooh, and while I am here, I got a new animation. This
one is hand drawn, and so far, good reports from
people.
The link to go to is:

http://www.geocities.com/idleberry/lovestory.html

Its quite long so far, and I'm working on part two,
with all sorts of hidden references and things in it.
Its created especially for B+S fans.

Okay, thats me off now.
Later!
Idles