Sinister: money... who needs it?

n|ck g nickgillespie at xxx.com
Thu Aug 17 21:29:38 BST 2000

i am currently dating a snob. the biggest snob ever. she changes her mind
more than she changes her shoes - of which she owns hundreds. i come from a
family which doesn't have much money and on her 21st birthday she inherited
$20 million. constantly she waves this in everyone's face and i sometimes
think that she dates guys with no money simply so she can be in "control" of
the relationship. she does things like pay for dinner and trips (she claims
because she wants to) but then turns around and throws this guilt trip at me
the second that she thinks that i am not trying hard enough to please her.

anyways... enough of the background.

today she tells me that she wants to by a Carmen Gia. she has a range rover
and a saab already. i have told her on many occasions two of the most
beautifully engineered cars, in my oppinion, are the porsche speedster and
the vw gia. i was furious. so i told her. i told her that she was not
allowed to buy that car because she knows nothing about cars and could never
hope to appreciate that car like it should be. now i know that people buy
cars every day based on looks (why else would someone buy an american car?)
but it pisses me off that people like her exist. people that can go out and
buy up the best cars in the world and know nothing about them and can't
appreciate them for anything more than a trophy shouldn't be allowed to
drive anything but ford escorts or fiats. so of course she blows up at me
and tells me what an asshole i am. the only reason that i continue to date
this girl is because she has such excellent taste in music. the fact that
she had the belle and sebastian box set in her car on the day we met told me
that she was ok. i am starting to rethink it. box set or no box set... she's
still a snob with no taste in anything but music.

ng