Sinister: wot? 2 mails in a month?

Nik Ovenden nik_ovenden at xxx.com
Fri Aug 18 13:07:11 BST 2000

okeydokey, since i'm off for 2 weeks, i'd get some
stuff down before i go...

THAT WINE STORY
very very funny...sorry, i cant remember who wrote it.
 i know a good email is one which makes you giggle 10
minutes after reading it, without prior warning.

EDINBURGH
let's say i'll be at the dali exhibition on monday
at...12pm.  sound good?  i'll be wearing pink flares
and a jeepster badge, if you dare approach...might see
some of you there.

TAUTOLOGIES
i am too fick to no wot this means, but i agree there
is a difference between 'seeing' and 'looking'.  you
can look at something and not really register it...i
have this effect on people.
however, it is an oxymoron, since to read it, one must
register it.  therefore, it is already read.

also, it's just a song...i thought they was just
pretty words wot go well wiv de musik...(ooh, i hear
grating teeth...)

EDINBURGH again.
have i got these right?
"wee", "laddie", "embra", "glasgae", "coont", "ken",
"och", "aye".

MAGNETIC FIELDS
i've only got one of their songs.  and i havent
listened to it.

SPELLING
someone (while drunk) mentioned stuarts "sinsietr"
comment.  I have a few more to question.  could a
veteran explain to me since i am now so embarrassed
with my writing to you that i couldnt possibly
humiliate myself further by pretending to understand
your spelling habits.

"grate" - why?  do you think graters are great or
summit?  help me out...
"sinsietr" - um...just a spelling mistake which was
never corrected, or a deep secret buried in the past
of sinister's undergrowth?
"struan" - i admit, i have no sodding clue what you're
on about.  Sorry.

PIXIDUST
you dont even mention my name, ya cow.  why should i
waste my bones typing out your full name?
(sorry if this sounds harsh...)
also...
insurrection (in su rek' shun) - n.  The act of rising
in open opposition to established authority; uprising,
rebellion in the initional stage.

i think you apply to the latter.

latter (lat er)- a. coming or happening after
something else; later, second-mentioned.

Once again, you apply to the latter there.

Sorry you guys.
Also, can i say sorry (not in a guilt-expressed way,
but a sympathy way) to all you scots with the botched
results...the government really surpass themselves
with monumental fuck-ups now and again, guess you got
lumped with it this time.  hang in there...

no more from me for a few weeks...the mailbag will be
slightly lighter (and less crap-filled) for a while.

All the best,
Love Niko
xxx