Sinister: leaving aweful detroit

n|ck g nickgillespie at xxx.com
Fri Aug 18 17:40:41 BST 2000

i don't know if anyone is interested but i will be moving in two weeks to
lovely munich germany. i am letting it be known that if anyone is traveling
and wants a place to stay let me know. germany is a beautiful town but can
be a bit expensive. so if by chance any of you are going to the oktoberfest
or are just going to be there; mail me and i will be glad to help out any
way possible.

on another note. i know that most of you are completely oblivious to
american politics since you live in england but for those of you that follow
them slightly i have a question to pose: does anyone care about the fate of
the united states and the facists that we call our leaders?

last night was the democratic national convention. al gore accepted the
nomination for the democratic party candidate. it is expected that the voter
turnout will be lower than ever before. it is expected that less than 50% of
those people of age to vote will actually go out and vote. this year will be
the first time in the history of the united states that less than half will
vote. i think that's kind of sad in a way. i am of age to vote and would
vote if i was going to be here. the candidates make such a concious decision
not to have any strong convictions on anything as to not deter anyone from
voting for them. there is really no difference between Bush (shrub) and
Gore. in my own personal oppinion i think that Shrub is a slimey bastard fit
to be thrown to the lions but that's just me. gore's not much better but i
guess that gore does a better job at getting people to feel good about him.
on paper i don't think that either are really all that good. so does it all
come down to this? that the person that we pick to run our country's
government is just someone that is good at getting the public to like him?
that doesn't seem right. for christ's sake! we had a president that was out
of hollywood. how is that right?

i'll stop. i'm rambling. what do you people think?

ng